Office Waste Management Tips and Ideas
Sustainability and green living are no longer mere buzzwords. Increasing numbers of people are reducing their ecological footprint with everyday practices. Sustainability doesn’t just mean being eco-friendly at home. Businesses are also going green through their office waste disposal – and the benefits are immeasurable.
A green company is one that manages and reduces its waste. Proper office waste disposal can reduce landfill waste by up to 90 per cent. Creating a better world depends on us all getting on board. Waste reduction within the office is also not difficult, as long as you use logical and practical methods. Your cash flow will also benefit, as will the environment.
Cut Down On Paper Waste
The single largest source of office waste disposal is paper. Distribute memos and keep track of tasks online with email and to-do tools. With technology at your fingertips, you can avoid paper waste and save a significant amount of money. You can’t recycle sticky notes either due to the sticky residue, so use the Windows version of sticky notes instead. Your paper consumption will also be cut in half when you print on both sides.
Waste Reduction Beyond Paper
The paper waste that makes up most of the office waste can be reduced by addressing other residuals. The following tips will help you manage your non-paper office trash better:
- If possible, purchase products that require less packaging or none at all.
- Ask for office deliveries to be shipped in returnable containers and have the empty containers returned to the supplier.
- Be sure to request that the packaging be returned to the vendor. They may be able to reprocess it or at least increase the quantity, making recycling more feasible.
- Invest in printer ink and toner cartridges that last as long as possible.
- If you only use equipment occasionally, consider renting it rather than storing it on site.
- Invest in durable and repairable equipment that is of high quality.
- Require employees to use reusable dishes, cups, and silverware. Have employees bring their lunches to work in reusable containers.
- To divert food scraps from landfills, composting them is an effective method. Compost removal services are becoming more popular. When the opportunity arises, consider acquiring your own compost bin.
- Consider landscaping that produces less waste and requires less maintenance.
Keep A Skip Bin (Or Multiple Bins) At Your Office Site
Hiring skip bins in Perth offers an opportunity to go green as they allow recycling of waste. Perth skip bin hire will ensure your waste be sent away for proper sorting and recycling which makes them a simple and effective way to make your office sustainable.
By sorting and recycling waste, you help the environment. Avoid contributing to the improper disposal of waste in Australia. You would rather help out the country by removing waste