Fill Sand Specialists in Perth
Fill sand in Perth is one of the most common materials that is used in construction projects. It is made up of the finest particles or rocks that have broken down into sand over periods or may have been run through crushing machines several times. It is a popular construction material due to its appearance and affordability as well as its usability in wet areas that have drainage problems.
It is a highly recommended material for projects that require a backfill material as well as often being used as a base for concrete due to its ability to compact into a solid mass. It is also easy to get your hands on as fill sand delivery in Perth is commonplace.
Read more here: How to Get the Right Sand for Your Job
Advantages of Fill Sand
- Because it has been broken down into such small components, fill sand has an extremely high compaction rating, making it ideal for backfilling, especially after plumbing and electrical work, or to lay foundations for road construction.
- As the more visually appealing construction material, fill sand in Perth is often used for exposed projects such as a feature element of golf courses.
- In horse arenas and equestrian centres, fill sand enables the horses to train in the sand without jolting on hard surfaces and injuring themselves.
- Fill sand retains minimal moisture and is thus great for encouraging drainage in areas that are likely to collect moisture or are likely to become wet.
- Ideal areas for fill sand in Perth include water tanks, septic tanks, ponds, and other wet areas.
- Recycled fill sand is available and great for the environment.
- Fill sand is loose and granular in its natural state, so it does not hold its shape over time. It is prone to shifting and displacement, so it is best to avoid windy or frequently disturbed areas if you are planning to use it as a standalone material. It cannot be relied upon to remain in its position or to provide a sturdy foundation unless mixed with another material such as concrete.
- It is important not to conflate fill sand with fill dirt. While they do have similar usages, filling dirt rather than sand is better to use around the foundations of your home so it won’t draw moisture to the surface and cause water problems further down the track.
Where to Source It
Premium Allsands provides expert sand delivery in Perth and has friendly and technicians who are happy to help you with your next construction project. With years of industry experience and exposure to a wide range of construction and building problems, they have years of experience and knowledge to draw on. They offer high-quality sand supplies in Perth and a competitive fill sand price.
They also provide other sand and construction projects such as brickies sand, paving sand, white sand, grey sand, yellow fill sand, lawn sand and turf sand. The professional team will be happy to advise you on which sand is suitable for your project. Premium Allsands is your one-stop-shop for your sand needs whether it’s expert advice or a high-quality product, with locations across the Perth Metropolitan and South West regions.
For swift sand delivery in Perth give them a call or contact them online.