Floor tile resurfacing – All You Need To Know
Are those previously dazzling wall ceramic tiles in your shower room looking a bit dull and lifeless? Have you tried cleaning them, however found it the shine just won’t return? You can of course retile your shower floor but not so great if you do not want to disrupt the rest of your bathroom, or spend a fortune on new tiles. That’s where a specialist in bathroom tile resurfacing Perth comes in. Floor tile resurfacing is the most simplest, cost-effective and quickest way of getting that new tile look.
What is Tile Resurfacing?
The difference between old floor tiles and the ones straight out of the showroom is the depth of surface area. New ceramic tiles radiate shine and lustre because of their glazing. After years of tread, the glazed surface area becomes dull and faded, the grouting chips and they become a bit grimy. Other than that however, they are still in great working order so why replace? Floor tile resurfacing is simply the procedure of making your tiles look brand-new once more. Below outlines how the job of reglazing bathroom tiles is done:
- Pipes and other fittings that may obstruct of the resurfacing procedure are removed
- Locations not to be resurfaced are masked to safeguard them from overspray
- Any loosened floor tiles are eliminated as well as refixed
- Chips, dents, cracks etc will be repaired
- Ceramic tile grouting is changed. Usually, the resurfacing professional will remove and then replace all the grouting to ensure a consistent appearance
- Everything is cleaned up and prepared for the floor tile resurfacing to commence
- A bonding representative is applied
- Up to 4 surface coats are applied to the ceramic tiles
- Drying out procedure might be applied to speed things up a bit
Is there any way to change the colour of tiles?
The surface coats can be tinted to match your existing floor tiles or you can pick an entirely different colour should you wish. The choice is yours.
Bathroom tile resurfacing Perth is just one aspect of your bathroom that can be brightened up. However if your ceramic tiles are looking put on, chances are your bathroom sink and bathtub have seen better days and are probably in need of a makeover too.
As well as resurfacing bathroom floor tiles, you can resurface your entire bathroom including shower recess, vanities, spashbacks and more at a fraction of the cost of a complete renovation. With up to 75% saving, you can treat yourself to a few additional luxuries such as warmed towel shelf or a de-misting vanity mirror.
Why not call Perth Bathroom & Kitchen Resurfacing and book in for a free, no obligation, Bathroom tile resurfacing Perth quote.
Perth Kitchen and Bathroom Resurfacing only uses the best Australian made products and all work is done by bathroom and floor tile resurfacing experts.
The turn around is usually 8 working hours and it is safe to use the next day! All their bathroom tile resurfacing Perth work comes with a 5 year warranty.